Church of the Gesu
Four - manuals - 115 ranks
W.W. Kimball 1899 (moved to Milwaukee in 1904)
Kilgen Organ Company (1955)
Schantz Organ Company (2011)
Click here for Specification
The original Kimball instrument (c. 50 ranks) was built in about 1899 for the
in Chicago. It was moved to the Church of the Gesu in 1908.
In 1955 the organ was rebuilt and enlarged by the Kilgen Company of St. Louis.
Most of the Kimball organ was incorporated into the new and substantially larger
In 2011 the Schantz Organ Company completed a complete renovation of the organ
retaining approximately 50 ranks from the previous Kimball and Kilgen instruments
as well as ranks from other sources.
pipe organ, orga
n builders, Schantz Organ Company