First United Methodist Church
Three Manuals - 33 ranks
M.P. Möller (Opus 9158~ 1958)
Schantz Organ Company (2014)
Möller organs have been a part of the history of First United Methodist since the early days of the twentieth century. The first organ was installed in 1909 and comprised 25 registers and 1291 pipes. It was a two-manual organ but included an echo division. It was placed in the center of the chancel space and was housed in a lovely case with an elaborately stencilled facade.
In 1958 another Möller organ was built for the worship space. At that time the woship space was remodeled and the organ was placed in chambers on either side of the chancel. Schantz was commmissioned to completely rebuild the organ and add 4 stops. A new case was built for the Great organ, restoring it to its historic location in the center of the chancel space.