Welcome to my Tango Blog. Comments on my posts are always welcome.
BPM.Some people have said, "you can dance Tango to any music," and while that statement is somewhat true, there are good reasons why all music is not created equal when it comes to dancing Tango. I have often said that if not for the fabulous music of Tango's Golden...
Have you ever stopped to try and figure out how the DJ goes about planning and playing his or her music for a Milonga? For those of us who DJ we've likely been paying a bit more attention to such things than the average dancer, and that's OK. But when I'm dancing at...
DJ Paul Lohman
(AKA: DJ Pablo)
Paul also teaches classes in tango musicality focusing on the history of tango music and orchestras.
He is the founder of the Twin Cities “Costa Norte DJ Crew” and Milonga Buscándote
Tango Music and Musicality Classes
Tango Dance Music
- Origins, History, and Chronology
How Things End
- Identifying Four Orchestras by Their Signature Endings
The BIG Four
- An Exploration of the Di Sarli, D’Arienzo, Troilo, and Pugliese Orchestras
The Tango Singer
- Three different types of tango singers explained
Individual Orchestra Explorations
- Juan D’Arienzo, Carlos Di Sarli, Anibal Troilo, Osvaldo Fresedo, Francisco Canaro
Dancing to D’Arienzo
- The Threes, Fives, Sevens, Nines, and Thirteens