Saint Mary’s Hospital Chapel ~ Mayo Clinic
Two-Manuals – 22 ranks
Æolian-Skinner Organ Co. (Opus 894 ~ 1932)
Schantz Organ Company (2014)
Originally built in 1932, the Æolian-Skinner organ in the Saint Marys Hospital Chapel survived without modification. The instrument however was quite under-sized for the space because of the desire in 1932 to duplicate an earlier E.M. Skinner organ (Opus 642) that was installed in 1927 in the Saint Marys Hospital “Auditorium”.
Judicious additions to the organ, all in the style of E.M. Skinner (as this is truly the soul of the instrument) have expanded the organ from 14 to 22 ranks. All of the original pipes and chests were retained and restored. A new control system and solid-state relay were installed as well as a facade of speaking pipes.