University of South Dakota

Vermillion, South Dakota

Four-Manuals – 34 ranks

E.M. Skinner (1925)
Schantz Restoration and Completion (2010)

The Skinner Organ in Slagel Auditorium was built in 1925 and remained in original condition until renovation of the auditorium in 2009. The original Solo Division included only the Tuba stop; the rest being left for installation at a later date.

While a modern control and combination action were installed, the remainder of the instrument received a careful, historic restoration. The Solo division was completed according to the original design, and all historic components were retained.